The highlight of our Australian beer drinking was a taster flight at a funky old pub in the Rocks, Sydney, where the bartender was happy to line us up a row of his favorites.
- Dirty Granny, a tart hard cider.
- Full Steam Pale Lager, simple, mild, and malty.
- Sharer, the house brew, a nice hoppy Pilsener.
- Little Creatures Pale Ale, which is like an angel weeping for joy, lightly carbonated.
- Vales/EX Stout, an experimental stout brewed with a whole bunch of flavorings, coffee and molasses the most prominent among them.