Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Singapore Sights

I'd hate for you to think that all we did in Singapore was eat, although that comprised a disturbingly large portion of our non-work trip. (And JJJ, I actually wrote this post in the airport without internet and saved it for a later upload). So here are some sights of Singapore.

Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple front roof, Little India:

Side gate ornaments.

I love this cow's attitude. He's all like, "What? I'm a cow. On a wall. Whatcha gonna do about it?"


16th Ngee Ann City National Lion Dance Championships 2010:

This was happening in a big plaza in front of a mall complex on Orchard Road, the main shopping street and the street nearest our hotel. This is the same trip in which we got lost trying to find an underpass and ended up in the mooncake mall. I gotta say, I know how to get lost.

The lion dance involves two guys wearing shiny fringy pants making up a lion body a la the more famous dragon dance. The lions are adorable:

And did I mention that the dance is done on posts? Like, six-feet-off-the-ground posts? And they leap around while carrying a giant lion head? See footage here. No wonder this dance has a championship.


1 comment: