Sunday, February 5, 2012

Diet and Exercise . . . in Japan!

In our last post, we took a look at a week of typical dinners at our place. It turns out those dinners won't be so typical any more.

On Friday, my doctor has recommended some major lifestyle changes: lose a bunch of weight, double my daily exercise, and radically alter my diet.

Some of you know this already, as Nana's been in touch with our herbivorous foodie friends, looking for recipes, tips, and tricks. Others are probably hearing this for the first time, and might be fretting about their holiday menus. (Don't worry, Grandma, we'll figure it out!) But I wanted to post this as soon as possible: partly for motivation, as by committing publicly I'm making it a lot harder for me to let myself fail, and partly because treating something as an interesting, blog-worthy experience can really take the sting out of what would otherwise be a big pain in my (hopefully diminishing) butt.

So over the next few weeks, expect the occasional post about how the typical diet-and-exercise strategies have to be tweaked when you're living in a country where you don't really speak the language and you can't identify half of what you see on the supermarket shelf.

And if you like, wish me a hearty ganbatte!

No comments:

Post a Comment